Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In which I take a pilgrimmage I have no business taking



A walk, a subway ride, a trip on the Korail, a cab, and a ferry were all that stood between myself and Naminara Island. Made famous by the Korean drama "Winter Sonata", Nami is a hotspot for couples, but I guess when it's not negative a thousand degrees you can ride bikes through their extensive trail system. You and 12 of your homies can even rent a bungalow on the Han River. From the looks of it, Nami does a lot of work with UNICEF, or as Evan quipped, "I think this island was originally settled by children's book authors.". After prancing through idyllic snowy wonderland, we killed some time waiting for our bus by playing sagu (more like suck-gu), the more popular billiards game here, and drinking complimentary strange sugary drinks. Not bad for a Monday.






1 comment:

  1. Season’s Greetings and Best Wishes to You and to Your Visitors! I arrived here just surfing. I hope Your Today will be all the time better than Yesterday and worse than Tomorrow!

    An Estonian living in Italy

    ReplyDelete